Thursday, March 19, 2009

Obama: "I take full responsibility" (and please ignore my growing nose)

from the blog Dear Mr. President
posted by just a guy

Dear President Obama: Can there BE a more WORTHLESS statement then : "I take full responsibility?"

Mr. President, I've been asking you to actually step up and put your job on the line. In this post, I laid out my request in the simplest of terms, and you apparently decided that your lies couldn't be backed up.

And then, you pulled out the old, time worn saw about "taking full responsibility" for the AIG debacle. (Although, I AM confused as to whether or not that was before... or after... you again blamed Bush for Dodd's lies and this whole mess) so, I thought I'd ask you: exactly what does the phrase "I take full responsibility" mean, exactly?

Bill Clinton made that one of the most utterly worthless phrases in politics. When the act of taking that "responsibility" doesn't result in any personal, negative consequence to the person TAKING that responsibility... then precisely what the hell good is it?

I mean... you didn't cut off a little finger like they do when they fail in the Yakuza in Japan, did you?

You haven't told that criminal tax cheat you appointed to the Treasury to fine you any amount of your pay, have you?

And you haven't done the right thing, the honorable thing and resigned, have you?

So, except for looking like an arrogant moron... precisely WHAT DID you accomplish with that bogus little passion play?

In other words, Mr. President: when an empty suit "Takes responsibility?" It's a joke.

Spare us. This is getting less and less funny.
Posted by Just a guy at 3:42 PM
Click to go to the article

No comments:

Post a Comment