Friday, March 27, 2009

“Let me… caution my friend from California" - subtle intimidation? veiled threat?

"Don’t go there," warned a melodramatic Democratic Congressman William Clay
To stave off a Republican push for governmental transparency, Democrats hide behind Michelle Obama’s skirt.

It is pathetic to watch Democrats backtrack on Barack Obama’s pledge for more openness by appropriating Obama’s wife. Apparently, if the first lady is at a meeting, the public is not going to be allowed in.
Politico reported that Republican Congressman Darrell Issa wants the open meetings law to be expanded, to cover meetings on policy that involve the first lady.
"Don’t go there," warned a melodramatic Democratic Congressman William Clay.
Let me… caution my friend from California that, as you’re probably aware, this president is very guarded about his family,” Clay said. “I think that, no matter what you’re intending with this amendment, that the president may view this as an attack on his wife. And I’m just saying, you know, let’s be careful — if we want to open up that can of worms. Let’s not go in that direction.”
Excuse me, but when an Ivy League-educated lawyer enters the political ring to lobby for legislation, she is fair game. I don’t care who she is married to.
Ain’t that right, Hillary?

No comments:

Post a Comment